The Granite Belt Neighbourhood (GBNC) is a trading name of Community Development Services (CDS) Inc.
CDS is a community-based, not-for-profit incorporated organisation run by a voluntary Management Committee since 1986.
GBNC programs focus on improving individual, family and community wellbeing within the Granite Belt region of the Southern Downs Regional Council area. Programs are funded by a range of Federal and State government departments and through donations.
Program/services: (click on program for more information)
Kids Korner – Children from 15 months to 5 years are safe, have fun and are encouraged to develop their social, emotional, intellectual and physical selves.
Early Years – Activities and care for families and their children (prenatal to 8yrs) in an integrated way including parenting support, and partnerships with other agencies
Family Support – To empower and equip parents to be the best they can be while raising amazing, well-adjusted young people via a range of parenting-focused programs.
Youth – Individual support for children and young people aged 8—21 years at risk of disconnecting from community. Program initiatives focus on engaging youth.
Community Support Service – Provides information, advice, advocacy and referral for people over 21. Connecting people to services and the community through individual consultation, events, projects and resources.
Mental wellbeing – Focused on initiatives to improve individual and community response to mental health needs of any age.
Foodsupport – Operates weekly and provides donated food items to any person who has been booked in to access this program by Emergency Relief program staff.
Emergency Relief – Assists on a time-limited basis with basic life needs and is available to any person resident in the area including back packers e.g. food, sustaining tenancies and other forms of relief.
Our support of the Granite Belt Community:
- Low-cost room rental to community groups e.g. Happy Chat group, church, Tax Help, Outside of school hours care.
- Computer access so GBNC clients can access other agencies and webinars
- Work collaboratively with other groups e.g. Share the Dignity, Rotary drought responses, Men’s Shed
- Participate in community events e.g. spooky walk, under 8’s week
- Purchase locally to support local businesses
- Advocate and educate all levels of government about the Granite Belt’s unmet social needs.
- and more
(07) 4681 3777 email@example.com